Temporary Traffic Management Class 1-2 Driver Training
Evolve Training Academy offer a unique service where we assess and train your staff on their driving capabilities (Class 1 and 2) as well as their ability to operate the vehicle in a TTM Mobile operation.
Mobile operations can be some of the trickiest and highest risk situations your staff work in which is why it is important that your staff know how to work in a mobile operation safely and in compliance with CoPTTM.
We offer a full driving assessment and training for:
- Advance Warning Variable Message Sign (AWVMS)
- Horizonal Arrow boards
- Pilot, work and tail pilot vehicles
- Truck Mounted Attenuators (TMA)
- Light arrow system (LAS)
- Shadow driving
- Tail driving
- Work vehicle driving
Mobile reporting app:
We have developed a mobile app which meets NZTA Class 2 Assessment criteria. The app and report has been developed to further meet all TTM specific requirements. The app is used for all assessments and training. A full report and rating is given and areas of improvement are reported back to managers within 24 hours.
Benefits of the app:
- Timely reporting
- Post incident report and driver assessment
- Prior learning evidence
- Pre employment checks
- Evidence of competency based assessment and training
- TTM Vehicle summary data looking at trends to identify opportunities for improvement within the business, identifying patterns and areas for improvement.
- Decreased incidents through targeted training on key identified problem patterns; therefore providing financial and safety benefits to your business
Our driving instructors are NZTA Class 1 and 2 I endorsed and Level 2/3 Practising STMS and approved NZQA assessors.
Class 2 Driver Licensing
Truck Class 2, requires Learners Licence
What can I drive?
The Class 2 licence course covers a Heavy Rigid Vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) of between 6,000kg to 18,000 kg or combination vehicle Gross Combination Mass (GCM) of between 6,000 kg to 12,000 kg.
When can I do this course?
Courses are held at the following venues:
- Albany Daytime courses every Monday and Tuesday of each month
- Onehunga Daytime courses every Monday and Tuesday of each month. Evening courses every 2nd Tuesday of each month
- Hamilton Daytime courses every 1st and 3rd Monday each month
- Wellington Daytime and Evening Courses available on demand
What does this course cost?
This course costs $1,250 including GST plus additonal loading fees to NZTA agencies
What will I need?
You need to produce your Full Class 1 (car) licence and you must have held your full class 1 licence for at least six months prior to the course to be eligible to obtain a Class 2 licence.
Duration 2 full days Theory and 3 x 1½ hour sessions for practicals over 3 days
The course will cover the following:
- Logbooks (Unit Standard 24089)
- Class 2 theory (Unit Standard 17574)
- Road code training
- Learners licence testing with testing agency
- Practical training
- Practical Assessment
We supply the vehicle, a late model Isuzu, box body truck as part of the fee.
On successful completion of our training programme you will be issued with a certificate, which you will need to take to a testing agent and have your licence upgraded with no further practical driving test required.
Graduates from the course will be credited with these Unit Standards to their NZQA Record of Learning in addition to receiving the course certificate
You are NOT licenced to drive on the road until your licence has been upgraded.
View our Information Sheet »