This course provides in depth training on Temporary Traffic Manageent safe working practices, standards and operating procedures at worksites. This is the updated New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) workshop. It covers revised standards and operating procedures required by CoPTTM.
Who should attend:
- Anyone who holds a current Level 1 STMS qualification
- Is required to supervise worksites on Level 2 or 3 roads
- Wishes to become a level 2/3 practicing STMS
- Draw Traffic Management Plans (TMPS) for level 2 or 3 roads
- Project managers, consultants, senior staff who need an in depth understanding of TTM requirements for worksites, construction sites or any other activity affecting the carriageway
- Two days, typically from 08:00 to 17:00
- Arrive 30 minutes early to find parking and register
- Develop a consistent approach to traffic control
- Analyse Traffic Management Plans in relation to various roading situations
- Apply the planning and setting up of roadwork sites to actual roading situations
- Produce Traffic Management Plans
- Understand the requirements for sign selection, placement, safe operating procedures and work site protection for Level 2-3 roads
- Carry out audits of the road work sites for compliance using the NZTA audit procedure
- The course is classroom based. Computers are provided to all attendees however you are encouraged to bring your own.
- Attendees will be taught to navigate CoPTTM to find answers to tests. This is an extremely useful tool as it empowers employees to find solutions to problems in the field and facilitates on-going learning.
- Maximum class size of 15 to ensure all learners get the quality attention and guidance they need.
- Successful participants will be issued with a temporary I.D. card as evidence until the NZTA STMS Certificate and I.D. card arrives which is valid for three years from the date of the course.
- $540.00 + GST ($621.00) per person
- Group rates are available
- Unit standards are an additional cost and organised through enquiry