Mobile Road is a free collaborative app hosted at Auckland Motorways. It offers the following features:
- Converting your smart phone GPS location to the location on the nearest centreline i.e. Route Position on the road or railway KM peg. – This is extremely useful for STMS’ for exact TSL locations.
- Capturing inspection data and photographs on mobile devices and desktop reporting tools to analyse the data
- Finding and viewing useful information about roads:
- Road ID
- Data from:
- Councils (e.g. Auckland Transport)
- NZTA state highway database
- It can be used on a PC or a smart phone
- The features are slightly limited on smart phones and work best when you are in the location you require information on.
- Mobile Road on a computer allows you to navigate around New Zealand, select different map layers and quickly find information during the planning process.
- Mobile Road has full instructions on the website to download to a smart phone or use on a computer.