Traffic Management Course Prerequisites:
Prerequisites and stand down periods for Temporary Traffic Management qualifications as prescribed by NZTA.
L1 TC = no prerequisite.
L1 TC Refresher = must have a TTM qualification not expired longer than one year.
L1 STMS = Holds a current TC qualification or has held an STMS (at any time) in the past. To attend a Level 1 STMS course a trainee must have held their first TC qualification for a minimum of a month.
L1 STMS Refresher = STMS qualification expired no longer than one year.
Level 2/3 STMS NP = Current L1 STMS OR has held L2/3 qualification at any time.
Level 2/3 STMS NP Refresher = L2/3 STMS NP qualification expired no longer than one year.
Level 2/3 STMS (Practical Assessment)
- Must hold L2/3 STMS NP qualification.
- A L2/3 STMS practical assessment can be applied for on the day after an L2/3 STMS NP has been completed.
- However the L2/3 STMS assessment process requires the candidate to furnish evidence of 3 closures as a trainee under a qualified L2/3 STMS or a probationary L2/3 STMS. This will take additional time.
Level 2/3 STMS R = Recognition of Previous Experience (ROPE).
- A ROPE pass is a privilege not a right. Only L2/3 STMS with high standards will be granted a ROPE pass. All applicants must have recently held a L2/3 STMS, and hold a current L2/3 STMS NP.
- The applicant must show evidence of satisfactory past practice by providing details of 6 closures undertaken while a current L2/3 STMS.
- These closures must have taken place in the last 9 months prior to the application. Any applicant who has incurred a non-conformance or some other form of unsatisfactory performance will be denied a ROPE.
- Applicants who are not granted a ROPE pass, must undertake a practical assessment to regain L2/3 STMS.
- If a ROPE pass was granted at the previous L2/3 STMS refresher the candidate must undertake a practical assessment for the next refresher.